Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Gettin' in the Groove

Things seem to be looking up.

I've had several conversations with friends and family in the last week that have been filled with love and understanding. Having a blog seems to be a perfect passive-aggressive way to air your frustrations in ways that make people respond. :) And I'm very sincere in my thankfulness for all the encouragement and advice I've received from people who have either had similar struggles or have cared for someone who has.

I'm feeling re-interested in work. In the past few days, several things have come up that both seem important and that suit my talents and position. I have a real need to feel like my work is meaningful, and sometimes it doesn't feel that need. Instead, I'm just bogged down by paperwork and technology issues and people who don't care. All of that is still there to some extent, but I'm doing a better job of looking past it and diving in where I'm needed and passionate.

At home, things are settling down. Folks are getting used to me being back and not seeming amazingly different. The tears have slowed down finally. I made an idiot of myself in my ballet and hip hop classes, but had some fun doing it. Maybe I'll do a little better this week.

My birthday is this week, and that's always a happy thing for me. Getting older doesn't bother me. Being the center of attention for a day definitely makes me feel good. Thirty-six should be a happy new year for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment